overheating

And ON TOPIC (wow, that's a change eh?), last time I did coolant stuff, I
think I actually got it right, (now don't everyone die of shock) and it
never DID overheat or burp. I filled both the block and the rad from that
upper rad hose, warmed the car slightly and squeezed that upper rad hose at
the bend (you know, the one that's always "glad to see you" when it gets
hot?) and that gurgled a few bubbles into the reservoir. Then the usual
round of hot steamy runs was used to burp it, but it never did need to burp.
If there is still air in there, carry along some coolant and carefully pop
the cap off the reservoirs to release the bubbles / refill. repeat. It's
messy, but most of the good things in life are. Once it stops overheating,
you can stop burping it. HTH.
Cathy