Insurance issues

My two Sciroccos are insured with "SIlver Wheels", the 87 being a "modern
classic" (15-25 years old) and Klaus being a "classic" (>25a). The
requirements are that you have an insured DD, and the only restrictions are
that the car not be used for work, school, to go the the mall etc. They are
supposed to be used for "club activities and shows" but you are allowed to
take them for pleasure drives and test runs, to the mechanics and such. Mine
do not have a mileage limitation, thank goodness. There is also a
restriction that the driver must have a safe record for over ten years, and
Denny and I are theoretically the only ones insured to drive them. This cuts
out my kids, and to that I say "well, good!"
For the two, appraised at $15,000 CDN for both of them, I pay under $300 CDN
per year.
But for any older car in good shape an appraisal is a good idea. And sad but
true, I'd expect a struggle to get money out of any insurance company. The
only way to do that is buy thier stocks. I figure if they are gonna screw
you anyway, you may as well pay the lowest possible premium.
Cathy