Motronic Conversion - wiring question

I am looking for input from the people that have experience with
Motronic conversions.  I am trying to determine what to do with some of
the inputs to the ECU that will not match up to the Scirocco.  In
particular I am looking for information on the Speed Signal (from
Speedometer) and the input from the Automatic Transmission Selector
Switch.  I believe, and would like confirmation, that the Automatic
Selector Switch input only allows the motor to be started in park; this
input only needs a simple ground to over-ride.  I am finding less
information on the Speed Signal input; what type of input is it
monitoring and what have people done to make this signal work in our
cars?

Thanks, Rick Kellner.