overheating

there is a switch on the drivers side. you might want to put a low temp switch in just so it runs even cooler. from the sounds of it you probaly have air in your system. you have to burp it. what usually works for me is to take the top hose off the and the res. cap. and let it run until the AF starts coming out then throw it back on. good luck.

scas660@netzero.com wrote:
Help -

I just replaced a leaky hose, put everything back together and refilled w/antifreeze. Now the car is overheating and the radiator fan is not switching on. Already tested the fan motor and its okay. Is there a relay switch or radiator switch that often fails? BTW its a '86 16v.

thanks ahead of time - steve