How we can help out Rich...(UPDATE)

Rich,

 Sorry to hear this man... hope there is still some mistake involved here
on the insurance paperwork side.  It seems that if you did make any changes
to your policy that they would automatically send you the current print-out
of the new updated policy details... do you have the most current dated
print-out that states if you have the collision or not?  This would definitely
help out a lot.

Wish I had more ideas... but good luck.  Won't be a fun battle I'm afraid...

Ben