Home from VA/OH/DE - Cincy reflections...

Well the 2100 mile round trip (of 4200 miles total in the last 11 days -
half of which with a Scirocco in tow!) wrapped up at 5:30am this
morning.

First off, I'm glad Rich and Kirsten are fine - this accident could have
been much worse.  I'm sure that isn't much of a consolation for you Rich
as you look at your mangled car, but I believe you're in a position to
realize how lucky you guys were.  I'm glad to have helped out a bit by
towing your car back to Delaware for you.  Hopefully you'll get another
Scirocco on the road soon.

Thanks to Peter for letting me invade his shop for a (long day) to fix a
no-starty issue and at least get *some* brakes for the trip home.  My
rear hard line going to the wheel cylinder rubbed against the body
enough to cause a leak.  A couple of broken/seized bleeder screws and an
unsuccessful bleed didn't help things, but I got going back home at
about 9pm.  Brakes were definitely "sketchy" still, but I had to get
home, so I decided to head out...

Thanks also to Kervin for the couch to crash on and an awesome dinner on
Thursday in VA.  You sure can cook!

Also, thank you Daun (and family) for hosting this gtg.  I look forward
to this event more each year, as I (slowly) introduce myself to a couple
more people each time.  It was great to meet you guys (and girls!).

One thing I feel I must mention though:  there's a loudmouth idiot
that's been showing up to Cincy who I don't feel should be invited back.
Smacktalking Rich after his most unfortunate accident was the final
straw for me.  I don't know if he's an actual lister, but he came with
Scott with the yellow Mk2.  Scott, nothing against you - you're a cool
guy, but your buddy is a moron.  Please don't bring him next year...  We
don't need that kind of shit at our get-together...  Nuff said...

Cincy part II for me will be picking up the 81 I left at Daun's next
weekend, so I better get cracking at fixing my brakes and finding out
where the nasty leak in my raintray is.

Later!

Mark.
75
77
80 S
81 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K - poor thing has been through hell and back this
month!

---