Cincy ramblings...

Well, aftre getting home, sleeping, and having gone to my art class this morning (and no, I never did do the still life I was supposed to do, but she said it was OK) I'm ready to pontificate on this weekend's events.  And no, I still haven't unpacked the car!

First and foremost, thank you to Daun and family for their hospitality.

Second, thanks to everyone who came and a big thanks for making me (and my co-pilot, Alex-the-kia-driver) feel very welcome.

Third, sorry about Rich's car, but as everyone else has said:  'tis far more important that he and Kirsten are OK.

Likes:  EVERYTHING!! (almost... see below)

Dislikes: Getting pulled over with 5 other people on the way in.  (Thank you OSP for not ticketing us!)  Sunburn on my big forehead.  And having to start the whole journey with a nasty hangover.  Didn't feel right until we were about 2 or 3 hours into it.

Camping was great, although I suggest next time we avoid the pet area.  Dogs bark when bottles fall on concrete at 1am.  And next time, unless I'm hosting everyone, I'm bringing a much smaller tent!!  16'x20' was far too big.

I also very much enjoyed the atmosphere as far as the cars went: I never felt bad for my car not looking like a show car, nor felt that way about any others.

Thanks to Scott for the linkage, Rhett for the big pile of dirty rubbers, and [name not remembered] for the 16v taillights (and to Doug C. for notifying me that they were there).

Thanks to Chuck Blue ("Are you Daun, Sr?"  Twice I made that error!) for the wonderful BBQ.  Next time, I'm skipping the hotdog and everything else and am just eating that!  And dispite whatever errors YOU see in your paint job, I think it's beautiful!

Also thanks to ATS for offering to help me with my fan even though I never got around to it. (Was having to much fun drinking beer and hanging out and didn't want to keep you under a hood all day.)

Again, it was a great time and I enjoyed all of it.  Even the cop that pulled us over gave me a big smile.... HE RECOGNIZED WHAT MY CAR IS!!!!

A pleasure to meet you all and I am counting down the days till next year's.  In fact, already making a list of needs/nots based off my experiences this year.

Mike "I change my own oil!" Smith
'86 red 16v (Red 5)

ps. Tony, the Salty Weasel is a scary thing, indeed! ;)

word (wûrd)
interj. Slang. Used to express approval or an affirmative response to something. Sometimes used with up. Source