the 9A transaxle

Dave Ewing wrote:

> I would say that it is basically identical to an FN or FF but closer ratio.
> The 9A is limited by not being able to take the 100mm flanges without some
> machining (slight but still needed).

Wait, wait, wait-   To quote the Org Gear section:

100 mm flange
Code     (Application)
++++    +++++++++++++
9A         (08/84-07/85 GOLF)
               (01/85-07/85 JETTA)
               (07/84-07/84 RABBIT)
              (07/84-07/84 SCIROCCO)

I thought the 9A was a 100 millimeter flange gear box.

I am sitting here thinking FF for now, with it's 90mm flanges for the
81 Roc but down the line with bigger brake calipers I would go 100 mm
axles, hubs, etc.

Hence not selling off the 9A.

(btw- this one came out of an A2 Jetta 8v GLI.)

TBerk