Differential flange question... repairable?

Sloppy how?

In and out or side to side?

In and out would make me think that the circlip is broken or missing and
that is fixable w/ a new circlip.

Side to side I can't even imagine, but that would be the body of the
flange, and if that's the case it shouldn't even be able to be driven.

It could be (and probably is) the differential bearings in the diff and so
maybe it's a REALLY good idea that your changing to a 4K.

3 recommendations:

1.) Use 16v hubs (and as an added bonus you get the bigger front disks
usually) when you swap flanges as I've heard/read of issues about using a
100mm inner CV and 90mm outer CV. I've experienmced a 100mm outer
rubbing on a 90mm hub myself. Not fun.

2.) Get a Peloquin 80% LSD kit and install it on the 4K when you do the
flange swap to 100mm. You'll likr it and it's worth the cost.

3.) Try to find an .80 (or .75) 5th for the 4K. At 3500 RPM in 5th gear w/
195/60/R14 tires a stock 4K is going 68 mph. With today's gas prices I
don't think you will like that too much.

HTH

Tim

Death is God's way of telling you not to be such a wise guy.