From: Marc_Scirocco_Qu?bec <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca>
To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net; Ben Carter <knotheads@mailblocks.com>;
scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:56:50 -0400
Subject: RE: All wheel drive.

comments below.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4

No, Mk2 Golf Synchros were not sold in Canada.

Ron's part in BC did make a VR6 MK2 Golf Synchro conversion. He did
import a
Golf Synchro drivetrain from europe. It was for sale a while ago for
something like 50k$.

A belgium tuner used to modify stock Corrados with A2 synchro
drivetrain,
and turbo VR6. Wild cars, but lotsa $$$.

AFAIK VW did sell Synchro Passat in Canada in the '90s.

>  Would A Quattro drivetrain possibly work?  I'm talking Mk
> > 2 if that helps.
>
> Yes...  See above...  :-)

Anything is possible if you are handy, and/or have lots of money.