various Scirocco stuff

> From: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
> Date: 2004/07/29 Thu AM 08:59:05 EDT
> To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: various Scirocco stuff
>

> OKay, just a few things, nothing earth shattering.

> 3. The 16V. Well, it had it's "catectomy" yesterday, and the cat wasn't
> broken or melted inside as I'd suspected, but there isn't a lot of light
> shining through it either, there's a fair amount of linty looking crap in
> it. Anyway, it's off for now, I'm gonna have to cook up something since
> the straight pipe won't pass the visual, so any suggestions are welcome.

In case you had not already thought of it, you can push all the catalytic material out with a piece of wood and a hammer.  Get something narrow enough to fit through one of the holes, and hammer away.  The stuff will give way eventually.  I had to do this on my 77 Camper, and it REALLY needed it.  The material was loose in the cat.  Turn left and it would slow down, turn right, and it would get faster...  :-)

HTH

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---