[Embarrassment] crossflow Alternator removal

I know none of our cars were equipped with 2.0 8v crossflows, but there
are a few here with em...I've asked on vortex with little avail.

I've an ABA with the stock serpentine setup and I'm trying to remove the
*()@#$ alternator.  There are only two bolts, but the "dog ears" of the
alternator have this metal sleeve that the bolts thread into.  They also
go into the bracket some.  I'm thinking I need to just pry more (I'll
get a real prybar tomorrow) but so far I'm getting nowhere, unless
inflicting damage counts.

Is there a trick beyond use of force?

koabi

If I can't get an alternator off my turbo project is really going to be
tough