Waterfest, the novel chapter

I just got back from Waterfest last night, after a 7 day detour to
North Carolina's Outer Banks. As usual Waterfest did not disappoint,
and as always, the Scirocco folk had a great time watching the
youngsters doing crazy shit in much newer cars.

My gorgeous green Mk1 (which is for sale) got me to hotel # 2 on
Friday in 2 hours thanks to NJ rush hour traffic, even though it
should have taken 1 hour. During a beer stop along the way I ran into
the new owner of Glen Stile's '79 Scirocco
<http://www.mk1scirocco.com/glen.htm>, he was driving a bunny truck at
the time. Let's all sing "it's a small world after all...".

Hotel # 2 had a good much of .org'ers (Jan, Brett, Frank, Sara, Jason
A., Ben, Anson, Peter, Peter's friend, and Jason C. & Mark for a short
period) and plenty of morons to entertain us. Highlights include
someone shitting in the pool, some nice bikini clad trim, burnouts,
cops, burnouts, cops, more cops, and lots of alcohol. Rumor has it
that the Canadians were all in Hotel # 1, but alcohol + a completely
illegal car + laziness prevented me from visiting.

Unfortunately my sit down drinking session with Brett/Frank on Friday
night delayed my Saturday appearance until 3:00 PM. But after a
somewhat-full recovery I was back out watching the escalating mayhem.
I quickly learned to hate anyone on tiny tiny little motor bikes!
Grrr... However, feeding me (thanks for the pizza Jason) calmed me
down in order to watch the night's festivities.

After a few burnout/cop sessions and hiding in Frank Ralph Drinkalot's
new 105? F trailer it was time for me to leave for vacation.
Unfortunately I had to trade in one mini-vacation (Waterfest) for
another (OBX), but not until I revealed to Ben Harder the 3 day long
practical joke that Anson and I were playing on him ;-) (you can't buy
$195/bottle beer without a name made by Nazis exiled in Cuba in
Windsor, ON as far as I can tell).

On my way home, I passed by the Ramada on Route 1 (near Scott Williams
parent's house) - it had more cops at it then VWs, and a low flying
police helicopter with a very bright spotlight. Got to love WF!

As for having .org folks stay at a non-WF endorsed hotel, NO WAY!
While it would be terrific to have all the Scirocco folk together at
one hotel, not having young drunken morons to watch would be quite
disappointing.

-Marc

'81 VW Mk1 Scirocco             Philadelphia, PA
'84 VW GTI Bunny Truck          marc@getty.net
'02 MB C230 Kompressor          AIM: DaMarcDaMarc