got shocks?

This is probably only related somewhat, but when I installed my newer 15's on
my grey S (which already had the rears toe'd out), I had to install 8mm spacers
in front to clear the 16v caliper (no spacer in the rear). OMG - I couldn't
believe how much it increased the steering response. This car already had the
shortened steering ratio. Don't know how much the pic illustrates this, but
here it is anyway...  :)

http://www.validpath.com/images/grey81s/rear.JPG

Is it typical for an increased width front wheelbase to generate more
oversteer??

thx, JT