hello from Brazil!

Hello from Brazil !

I just found this website while looking for 16v vw head. I have a VW Gol, which is similar to the Scirocco, but seems to be a bit smaller (and lighter!) and only available in latin america. I have the GTI trim, which has a 2.0 engine and 8v non-crossflow head. I want a 16v head for my Gol. Right now I worked the engine to higher compression, 12:5 pistons with 0,8mm head shaving and some head work. The result is approx. 13,6:1 compression ratio. It runs on Ethanol, not gasoline (too much compression for gas). I adapted a Ford EEC IV fuel injection and dropped in a sports header and free flowing exhaust. The car runs like hell! I am guessing mid 14s in the 1/4 as of right now.

My plan now is to get a 16v head, but is very expensive in Brazil because it's rare. I will get one from U.S. I found on ebay for cheap. Then I can adapt a distributor from 1.0 16v Gol and maybe I can find an intake manifold here too. Are there any tips for building my Gol ? Is there a better intake manifold that helps the horsepower ? I want the best for it. The car is already real fast right now and hopefully will be murdering all turbos with the 16v head!

Thanks all!

Sincerely,

Ricardo.