brakes

Anthony Pelletier wrote:

> Something to think about.. I have stock pads now on
> 9.4" and they do stink.  I like the look of the 16"s
> though.  Maybe I'll try some better pads as its pretty
> inexpensive..

Try some Mintex Redbox pads.  They rock.  I pick up a set every year at
Waterfest, from Adirondack, for $27 (4).  Coincidentaly that's about the
lifespan I get out of them.  They don't last quite as long as stock
pads, but they're fairly easy on the rotors, and don't squeal at all.
They work great, even the first stop on a cold day.  They are great for
autocross, and even work well for track days (although after 5 or so
HARD laps on race rubber they start to fade just a bit at the end of
long/hard braking zones - a slower 'cool down' lap and they're good to
go again.  With stock tires I don't think fade would even be an issue)

Mark.
75
77
80 S
81 S
81 S  2.0L ABA/JH  winterbeater/tow vehicle
81 S  1.9L rust free CA DD (a Canadian citizen for 2 whole days!)
81 Caddy