Stand Alone Fuel / Ignition Management Benefits

> Well, I asked this once before but perhaps not quite in this very same
> way:
>

> If I am running a Mk1 that has:
>
> - an Audi A3 two liter block,
> - JH solid lifter head,
> - CIS w/ O2, Knock Sensor,
> - and non-forced induction
>
>   do I benefit from a Megasquirt or other management system?
>
> Somewhat rhetorically I pre-answer NO, but for my and the list's
> edification, 'whacha-tink?'.
>

> TBerk

Tosha,
  Any car running a mechanical FI (CIS) will benefit from MS.  Smoother running, and better pedal response are the two most common things I am hearing.  Also, I am sure that there is an increase in power for two reasons...  1) there is no resistance against the AFR plate the air has to go around with the CIS, and 2), MS is much more exacting with the changes it makes...  Mo' powa to the people...

HTH,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---