Semi-O/T... 2.0 16V pickup continued...

Hiya,
  This lack of material to read when I am slow here at work is depressing, so I 'spose I will try to fill the void with a little bit of writing...  :-)

  Okay, for those that are interested, I am a little bit further along with the pickup.  I have a set of injector adapters on order from the potters.  I thought I had a good wiring harness and brain, but it turns out that the wiring harness was burnt, and badly repaired.  The P.O. of said loom just cut the burnt wires, put in a section of wire that was not the same color, and merely twisted the wires together...  DOH!  So, off to the yard...  I got another loom from a '90 Passat that looks whole.  With a bit of help from Brett, I think I have figured out where everything goes (thank you sir).  I am still using the brain from the other loom, I hope that will work.  I will call Bosch here in a bit and see if they can confirm that it will or not...  I hope that I might have this running in two to three weeks.  I keep saying it, eventually I will follow through with my promise...  :-)

To date, this is what I have spent on the truck...

$400.00 for the truck itself...
75.00 for new door panels,
250.00 for Corrado seats (I am tall, and need the extra leg room)
100.00 for the injector adapters
60.00 for the brain and wiring harness
0.00 for the new harness
50.00 for misc. fasteners, and shifter parts
75.00 for solid shifter linkage, jman on Vortex...

$935.00, and no running truck just yet, double-doh...  Oh well, I drive a VW after all...

Cheers,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---