No subject

So I came home today from the "extensive cam swap" weekend on Klaus, and
Denny had taken the headache up to the dealer's for the tank recall. It
was done, so we went up in the Cabby. The stock JH used to feel powerful
compared to the 1.6, but Klaus makes the cabby feel like a slug now. That
"new cam" (this is what I told the spouse about, it just came with some
"wrapping")seems to have made a *bit* of a difference. More on that later,
(and many thanks to "Mr Tech Procedure" MacPherson) but during the
process, Klaus decided to cook the fuel line to the cold start injector
and spew fuel onto the hot exhaust manifold. (the Fox intake puts the
stock line in harm's way) It was a lot of fuel, and a  bit too exciting.
Luckily I carry a fire extinguisher, and nobody was smoking....
Anyway, I picked up the headache, and it was running on fumes since the
dealer didn't put any fuel into it to speak of. I confidently approach the
pump, fill it to the brim with some nice 93 octane and realize I can hear
what sounds like water spilling. Yep, it was a nice gas waterfall. So I
call the dealer and tell them to get over to the gas station because I was
damned if I was going to lose $40 of high test all over the ground. The
ring at the top had split, so the gushing slowed down, but was it ever
pouring out.  Now have you noticed a theme here, like both of them spewing
huge quantities of fuel in the same 24 hour period? They hadn't even seen
each other, so they must be psychic.
Anyway. I should have the Headache back tomorrow (and have you ever heard
of such a long dragged out process to stop gas fumes?), and Klaus is home
and very happy with all his new hardware. I'll post about that later, but
suffice to say I may just argue both sides of that 8V/16V arguement now.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V gas spewer "the silver headache"
1979 1.8L/4K much funner 8V  "Klaus"