90A Alternator noise questions

> From: "koabi" <saracornelous@mcleodusa.net>
> Date: 2004/07/10 Sat AM 09:35:09 EDT
> To: <ats@longcoeur.com>,
> 	"'Scirocco'" <scirocco@comcast.net>,
> 	<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: RE: 90A Alternator noise questions
>
> I've had poor luck with the tensioner pulley squealing...first time I
> thought it was the alternator making the noise, but it turned out to be
> the timing belt tensionor (well, the alternator was making some noise
> too).
>
> koabi

If that is the case, you are doing what I tend to do, tightening the T/Belt tensioner too tight.  It puts undue wear on the tensioner.  After I install a tensioner, within a month when the car is cold, upon start up there is a whine until I reach approx 2.5K rpm, then it goes away until it is cold again...  I have done that three times that I know of...

David

---Chrome don't get you home.---