Saltyweasel's Front Bar

Well, I'm just back from the first test drive with the new front bar. It
was a bit more than "just a few bolts" on mine, 16Vs have so much crap in
the way. So it was off with the grille spoiler and grille, and the DS
headlights to access the bumper bolts, off with the bumper, the battery
came out too, and the horn was in the way, so it got relocated. Also the
starter had to come off to get the front motor mount off, with the tranny
supported by the jack. Anyway, I had to "oval" one of the bolt holes, but
otherwise the fitment couldn't have been better, so I'd say it's a sign
the car has never been nose hit, and that the jig they use to build them
is spot on. Anyway, the test drive revealed no new rattles or squeaks, and
if it was gonna vibrate, my car would get it going.

And here's the beauty of it, the headache now has had its front bumper and
motor mount off, so there should be no jealousy issues with the elder
brother who has been getting parts galore. Gotta make them both think they
got something eh? Off for a drive in the green beast, but if you're
thinking of one of those bars, the fit is great. Now time will tell if it
holds off the cracks, and again, ours is a prime candidate for stress,
since it gets abused.

Cathy