GAs TaNk FuN

Well...I am a rookie to working this intense on cars and I need input on how I'm going about this tank replacement....I syphoned out almost all of the gas except what is in the lower most indentation in the tank.....will this be ok?  Or does every last drop have to come out?  I have the car up on jacks and was wondering if I can take out the 4 carriage bolts holding the axle to the base of the car now....I have the brake lines apart, but I am wondering if there will be any ill-effects taking the bolts out while the car is up...the axle should just come down with the bolt removal right?  Well I eagerly await some input and I'll be back at the rocco tomorrow....and ordering that new tank ASAP!