From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Michael Abatzis
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 11:14 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: swapping starter solonoid?

so i've had intermittant "clicking" when i turn the key for several months
now that was becoming more frequent. chased it to the solonoid. i had a
spare starter that's been lying around for about 3 years now that i bench
tested (it worked after some liberal pb blasting) and installed. although it

now works, it turns over less than enthusiastically, which may or may not
improve with use. i tried removing the solonoid, which appears to be held on

with 3 screws, and swapping it, but i couldn't get the damn screws out and i

was tired of messing with it.  is this all there is to it? any tricks to
removing stubborn screws? on a related note, my car now sounds completely
different when starting. it's very strange.

-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...