engine shield & streamlining

> From: Gordon Forbess <gforbess@attglobal.net>
> Date: 2004/07/06 Tue AM 10:31:25 EDT
> To: Marc_Scirocco_Qu?bec <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca>
> CC: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: engine shield & streamlining
>
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 07:43:12 -0400, Marc_Scirocco_Qu?bec
> <marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >They made some, available in europe only I think.
> >
> ><<http://www.lesabotage.com/photos/Scirocco/cover031.jpg>>
>
> As illustrated by the puddle on the floor, they do serve as a handy
> collection device to ensure proper recycling of fluids lost from the
> engine, trans, and cooling system.
>
> Gordon
>
> 75 Mk I/Drake 1.9

I have never seen one before...  I have thought about making a section for the rear of my mk1 GTI, just 'cuz the rear valence will eventually be rust free, and I am sure that there would be some high-speed benefit for the time and trouble.  The front would prolly have a bigger impact (or is it smaller?) than the rear, but it would also be much more complicated to fabricate...  Are these still available, expensive, sturdy?

Cheers,
  David

---Chrome don't get you home.---