AC Question

<snip T Berk>
I'm still learning shadetree A/C so please bear w/ me as I camouflage
myself as an expert.

I don't know if we actually have any such experts on list. If so they
should jump in and save me.
 <end snip>

I'm jumping in a little late on this, but have a question.  I like the idea
of the Harbor Freight vacuum for $10.  So I was checking manifold gauges on
the same site.  Interestingly, they have one for R-12, R-22, and R-502 *or*
one for R134.  So if you're charging an R-12 system with R134, which gauge
set do you go with?  My first inclination is the R134 gauge, but pressure is
pressure, right?  Maybe the R-12 is needed because of the connectors?

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v