Parts car might be an Wolfsburg

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 11:53, Rick Kellner wrote:
> As he described it to me, the floor plan change incorporated more
> reinforcements which added the estimated 150 lbs.

I guess by the time you add up the weight of all the differences (some
of them will be pretty subtle) then you may hit 150 lbs.  Some of the
differences (some of these may not apply for late-model 84's)

larger fuel tank,
transfer pump and associated plumbing,
larger wing,
larger CV's,
...?

There's definitely not 100 or more pounds of extra steel in the floor of
the 84.5 and up though.  I've cut that chunk of floor section out of an
A2 Jetta, and including the extra floorpan from the trunk it still
doesn't have 100lbs of steel in the whole piece.

On this thread, the early 84's should also be desirable SCCA cars, as
they are the same as the 83 only the close ratio gearbox is a 4K instead
of a 2H.

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD     http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd