From: Eric S [mailto:scirocco@vintagewatercooleds.com]
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 11:39 AM
To: Rick Kellner
Cc: Scirocco List
Subject: RE: Parts car might be an Wolfsburg

Rick, get me the paint code off the sticker in the trunk.  The metallic
black you describe (have gold flecks in it?) is called Montego Black,
and
was ONLY used on the Wolfsburgs for the 83 model year (it was one of the
special traits of the Wolfie).

Sounds identical to my old 83 wolfie so far.  2H is correct tranny,
should
have a JH motor, special paint, vented front brakes, leather seemed
standard on the 83 wolfies.

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Scirocco S (TDI Swap project)
90 Corrado TDI
91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow swap project)