Volvo Turbo Oil Cooler

95C seems a little high... APS (now known simply as Neuspeed) used to have
a write up in their catalog about oil temps. Autotech's is a bit simpler
but it sez;

"Oil lubricates best in the range of 180 to 212 degrees F (82 to 100
degrees C). Below this range, the oil isn't hot enough to burn off volatile
contaminants, and above 230?F (110?C), it starts to thin out and oxidize"

a google search yeilded this;

"  The ideal operating range for engine oil is 180?F (82C) through 200?F
(93C).  While operating within this range, the oil works as a lubricant,
coolant, and cleansing agent in the engine.  Modern engines generally run
with radiator coolant temperatures between 200?F (93C) and 220?F (104C)
with oil temperature ranges between 20?F and 75?F HOTTER. In other words,
when the engine is performing flawlessly, the engine oil is already
overheating!  Oil that exceeds 220?F (104C) rapidly loses its ability to
lubricate and cool causing accelerated fatigue and premature component
failure."

I added the F ---> C conversion into the text.

-Raffi