$400 Rocco In Virginia!!! (not mine)

i am looking for a car for my girlfriend at the moment. she need a good reliable daily driver that looks decent. this seems like all the requirements and i have most of the parts already it needs to get up and running good. how far are you from philadelphia and can i see some pictures please

-Jon

Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:
Guys/Gals,

Here is a car that I was going to buy, but after being
MIA from Cincy for Family reasons. I could not afford
to buy it. Eric the guy that owns it is a nice fellow.
Im posting this to the list 'cause if he doesn't sell
it soon ( I mean soon) the car goes to the kidney
foundation and from there Im sure to the crusher!!

I thought for the price ($400)and with some effort the
car would be supper as it already had some good parts
on it.
I have pics of the car and will email them pronto to
serious inquiries and also provide Erics contact info.

Below is an email part of the email he sent me with a
description of the car.

Here's the skinny:

My '84 needs a new home.

If you want a Scirocco to race, restore or just to
drive, consider my
1984.

Many things need attention:

GAUGES -- Speedo/Odo/Fuel gauge don't work (the tach's
still alive)
SEATS -- Leather seat bolster worn thru on driver's
side; rear seats
out of
car, but in good shape; front seats not
sliding/adjusting.
DOORS -- Passenger side won't open from outside (new
handles $10 on
ebay);
interior grab handle pulled through door panel on
driver's side (works,
but
you have to pull easy)
DASH -- some cracking up by the defrost vents, but
pretty good
otherwise
TIRES -- two good tires up front, will need two rears

Many other things work well:

ENGINE -- cranks and runs great, even after 165k+
miles
TRANS -- Less than 5k on remanufactured 5-speed and
new clutch
FUEL TANK -- removed, cleaned and sealed this year;
new in-tank pump
POWER WINDOWS -- driver's side replaced, passenger
side a-ok
POWER MIRRORS -- work great
AIR CONDITIONING -- still blows cold

Other stuff:

NO RUST anywhere on the car (aside from some light
scratches on the
roof);
extremely solid all the way around
NEW CARPET last year
BLACK PAINT with black leather interior; paint isn't
showroom shiny,
but
would probably buff out nicely
FIVE RIMS -- 8-spoke, thirteen inch VW factory rims
NEW BELTS -- a/c, alternator, water pump; both belts
new
NEWER BATTTERY -- last year, as i recall
CURRENT INSPECTION (06/04) -- Virginia is very
thorough with
inspections,
all lights, signals, horn, CV axles, brakes, etc. are
checked
DAILY DRIVER -- this is my daily driver, only selling
because new baby
requires something that's not an ongoing project
PERFORMANCE EXHAUST -- 2.25" Techtonics Cat-back with
Borla muffler new
this
year
2nd OWNER -- I bought her from the original owner in
1989 with 95k
miles
OH, YEAH -- big bore throttle body from audi 5000,
cheap strut tower
brace,
chilton manual, and whatever odds and ends i've
collected over the
years
will go along with the car

PLEASE HELP TO KEEP ONE MORE SCIROCCO OUT ON THE ROAD.
I DON'T WANT TO
PART
HER OUT OR SEND HER TO THE JUNK YARD.

SURELY YOU NEED ANOTHER SCIROCCO! OR AT LEAST KNOW
SOMEONE WHO NEEDS
ONE.
KEEP THE VW LOVE ALIVE!!!!!

I've owned the car for 14 years, so I know everything
about it.

THat Is what Eric had to say......BTW all I get from
having found an owner to this car is to know that it
wont get crushed, Or worse...Riced out and killed on a
race against a pole or something.

ecriban me,
Tony