[tech] stering rack and cv boot questions

1a) my power steering rack in my '86 8v is leaking and i can't seem to
stop it. i have another p.s. rack without tierods assys. should i assume
that i can just swap the tierod assys from the leaking rack to the other
and not have to worry about an alignment?
1b) also, i have a manual rack that i can throw in there instead (and
i've thought about it), but i'm trying to avoid getting another
alignment. is there a way that i can swap the power for the manual and
be done with it?

2) i have a couple axles laying around in need of cv boots. as these are
a pita to put on while still on the car, i was considering replacing the
boots and cleaning the axles up until i eventually needed them. my
question is, will the boots keep and stay flexible? i plan on storing
them in my basement on a rack.

   thanx for any responses.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)