ABA block and crank ?'s

The blue finish is heat treatment...  Even if the engine was revving at 6K for
15 minutes without oil, it would not go blue...  I have seen enough torched
engine internals to know.  I also have never seen the blue that you refer to
on a VW crank, but I do not doubt that they would have done this, at least on
some...

My 0.02
--
Regards,