Project Update :)

Depends on the internal structure of the wheel, some aftermarket 14s don't
actually clear. But the VW ones should, like the beautiful P slots which
came on the 16Vs here. But I test fitted a set of aftermarket 14s that hit
the calipers with the stick on weights, so that wouldn't be enough
clearance. OTOH, I have (a different set of) aftermarket 14s on it now, with
stock size brakes. And I have several other sets of 14s that fit. (and my
son's Jetta's 15s don't, but that's a strut issue)
Cathy