From: Rick Kellner [mailto:rfkellner@snet.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 10:02 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Turning intermediate shaft pressurize oil system?

A few listers have shared some great tricks to run the oil pump via the
distributor hole (which was my original question) however; I was
wondering if the intermediate shaft could be turned (at the pulley) and
fill all the journals?  I am not trying to get the motor up to operating
pressure, only trying to supply sufficient lubrication to turn the cam
and crank by hand.
This motor (JH) has sat for quite a while and I want to make sure
everything is lubricated before I turn it by hand.  As a side note to
all the people that offered suggestions, the cylinders and crank case
are filled with oil and will continue to 'soak' for a while.

Thanks, Rick