Beached my winter beater Mk1 - how high do those $195 coilovers go?

Well I finally had to admit defeat last night.  It was snowing like a
mofo, so I decided to take another 2am "sideways" tour of the Niagara
region.  The roads were PERFECT - I was having a blast, until I decided
to go down some country roads to get to my favorite "S" bends.  I came
up over a crest of a hill a bit too fast to slow down for a huge drift
across the road.  All four wheels lifted off the ground and it pulled me
to the side into the snowbank.  Even with my trusty Michelin snows I
couldn't unbeach myself...  Damn... Well after about 5 minutes of
rocking back and forth, a light came on in a farm house nearby.  Good
thing for that obnoxiously loud exhaust!!!  He came out with his truck
and offered to push me out...  After spraying him with snow from my
spinning front wheels and a few pushes later I was free...

So, lessons learned:  I need more ground clearance, and farmers are some
of the friendliest people I've ever met...  How high do those cheapy
$195 coilovers raise the car at the highest position?

Thanks!

Mark.
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K - but it ain't no 4X4
75

---