Shocks and springs...

cathy (and others),
i've got the h&r races/bilstein sp combo on my car.  i don't know that the
ride is much worse than the sports. it handles fantastic, and on atlanta
roads it was a good setup. on the 3rd world roads in new orleans, however,
"firm" is an understatement. what kills me is the loss of suspension travel
(you get this with the sports also though). i'll be getting rid of this
setup in the spring in case anyone's interested. trying to decide what to
replace with. i don't want to lower the car much, if at all. the combo of
less suspension travel + distorted geometry doesn't make sense to me. cathy,
how are the coilovers in this respect? one of the best setups i've used is
the shine setup with no front sway (i know, i know). it really did handle
great, very neutral. on the autox i think it probably performed nearly as
well or better than my current setup. the lack of a front bar had a
noticeable increase in roll though, which made street driving less fun. i'm
thinking about going back to the shines, increasing the rear spring rate,
and keeping my sway bar.

-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP