Shocks and springs...

You may want to put on new strut bearings while you're in there, dollars to
donuts they're worn. Heck they get worn in about the first ten miles. If you
hear klunking when you hit a pothole, they're shot.

Now I'm also in the final stages of suspension choices for Klaus (79 MkI),
mine's a different deal, it'll be used about the same as my 16V, often on
the 1/4 mile, some lapping and autocross, and the ever popular long hauls to
Cincy and such. So compromise/versatile are words that come to mind. I'm
pretty well sure that Koni Yellows will suit me, (I like the idea of easy
adjustability)  but what are suggestions for springs to go with them? I see
Potter has a sale on the H&R race springs, but will these kill me ride wise?
(My 16V has the H&R coilovers, and I love that ride, to give you an idea, I
don't mind "firmness", heh)
The car currently sits so high I've actually got nice photos of TMBs Jetta 1
shot UNDER mine. So any amount of drop will not be an issue. (It likely
needs to go down a good 2")  It will end up with more engine than the
current 1.6 under the hood. So there's the parameters. Maybe a good
discussion of suspensions you've all tried and their virtues/ faults could
follow. Cathy