Shocks and springs...

I was wondering what everyone has tried out in the shocks and spring area.

Whenever I drive over a small crack/bump in the road the whole car feels
like as if I just ran into a brick wall. Is there anything I can do to get
rid of this, or at least minimize the impact feel to it?

I know that a spring kit isn?t really going to help it but I was just
curious if others have experienced this also.

What else should I replace in the while ordering the suspension kit? I
really don?t know much about this subject as you can plainly tell.

/miT

'85 Cabriolet

'88 Scirocco 16v

[SoCal.Tribe]