trade-up Scirocco for Corado

I dont think the Corrado is all that more reliable than the Scirocco..

However...

If you are going that route and you want reliability...
I would stick with the V6 model (92-95) The earlier models had major
problems which you can read about all over the web including major tranny
issues.

Having driven a Corrado for 2 years, I have to agree with Brian that the
driving experience is very different. More like driving a 90's Jetta that
has a little extra power. You may miss the Scirocco feel of the road.

-ed

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Stefan P wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 09:50:52 -0500
> From: Stefan P <swap17s@hotmail.com>
> To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: trade-up Scirocco for Corado
>
> To be honest I have always liked the Corado more than the Scirocco but
> couldn't afford to buy one. Now I want to buy a Corado with the Scirocco as
> trade-in.  My Scirocco is in very good condition with 125000 miles. I've had
> it for a little over a year, the previous owner kept it stock but for the
> lowering kit he added. Even the paint job is original and in very good
> condition except for on the hood where the paint has small dull spots caused
> by the missing insulation. But even that is not noticable unless your stand
> right next to the car. There are no major problems with the Scirocco, those
> of you who read my last post "help please help" will know the last thing
> that happened to it.  It's just that I'd rather own a Corado.  Also correct
> me please if I'm wrong, owning a Corado which is newer, would be better for
> me because it is not as likely to break down as an older car...Assuming the
> Corado is in good shape.  I would like to make the value of the Scirocco at
> 4000 dollars. Should you be interested, please reply to this email address
> for more details.

         ^
        * *
       *   *