Motor Mount questions

> The bolt rusted solidly into the metal sleve of the mount and I
> can't pull the bolt out.

i've had no luck with any kind of 'spray' solution. a good rap on the sleeve
(next to the rubber) with a mini-sledge / chissel has worked for me though.

> Did anyone here try to make their own urethane
> mounts???
> Or buying the factory unit and filling it with liquid urethane???
> If yes how does it feel??

no personal experience yet, but it will be oretty harsh if you totally fill
a factory mount with eurethane. almost poly-like harshness.

> Where can VW Motor Sport mounts can be purchased at? And
> how big of a difference is it over the factory unit

vw motorsport rear mount was stiff enough for me to go back to factory after
a day of it abusing me.

> Has anyone ever though of drilling the rear
> transmission mount and putting 2 screws through it to limit the amount
> of travel so it won't break?? Anyone??

it already has a hook built into its bracketry, but if the other mounts are
gone, it can still unhook itself.

> What should I use to reinforce the radiator support??

use this:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=940111
no substitute... serious...

> Sixth question: How harsh would it be if I would replace all the mounts
> with poly units???

harsh enough to do damage to some of your internal organs. poly front doesnt
make much difference, but pass. side and tranny mounts do.

hth
Al