Axle Nut

> I got my brakes off, now i need to get the 30mm nut off.  It's in first
> gear, and i go to turn it, and it just turns the drive axle with it.   Is
> there a trick to this?  Should i put my brakes back on, get someone to
press
> the brakes and then loosen it?

That would be one way.  Those things are on there good, and need to be
retightened really well, too.  I have a "buddy bar" from air-cooled VW stuff
that I can thread through 2 lug holes to hold in place while I stand on the
breaker bar.  But I usually loosen the axle nuts first, jack the car up, and
start taking stuff off.  Don't roll it without the axle nuts torqued down,
as most people know it will lunch your bearings.

gd