what type of oil is better, what about filters?

Sometimes I am distracted way too much to read this list and really understand
it...  I apologize for the confusion...

Suprisingly, I have an opinion on that too...  :-)

Mann and Knecht are both used by the factory...  Dealer filters are the bomb,
and usually if you buy three or more, they will give you a jobber discount.
About 6.50 ea...  Deutsch and (I have discovered recently) Bosch filters are
made by the same folks that make Purolator.  While I have not torn open a
Deutsch or a Bosch, the Purolator was almost as bad as the Pennzoil filter I
looked at...  WIX, of all the aftermarket stuff I have looked at was pretty
good.  I would used it in a pinch...  I personally would use factory above all
else...
--
Regards,
David Utley