what type of oil is better, what about filters?

Those with MAFs on their cars say stay the hell away from K&N...  Others argue
that the same allows too much debris through the medium, and the top end
suffers excessive wear...  I don't know myself, I am actually using K&N, and
got a bit better pedal repsonse from it.  If you do get one, I recommend
cleaning it like every other oil change, as it seems there is less
contamination if it is oiled more frequently...

PS..  There is a company called airraid (or something close) that is taking
K&N to task, with another medium on the clean side that is supposed to do away
with that possiblility completely...  I just did a search on google and could
not find anything for them...  I have something on them at a catalog at home,
remind me directly and I will send the info to you if you like...
--
Regards,
David Utley