Is anyone out there using a hood scoop? Seen a big oneinEuroTuner...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dan Smith
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 2:41 PM
  Subject: RE: Is anyone out there using a hood scoop? Seen a big one inEuroTuner...

  Most people say that hood scoops don't do anything because there is no airflow near the hood, except for the leading lip and near the base of the windshield.

  ** I subscribe to this theory. Sort of.  While there is airflow near the hood, it is of negative pressure and won't work to direct air INTO the engine bay.  It WILL, however, vent any higher pressure air in the bay OUT.**
  Larry

   However, I have heard people using the little louvres that are on the sides of older Saabs as hood vents and they do vent a bit of heat. I'm considering putting them on my car, but I fear cutting into my mk1.

  Dan