Oil leak won't go away => Oil pump pressure valve?

What does your oil pressure gage say to that?

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Doug C.
  To: David Utley
  Cc: Scirocco List
  Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 2:57 PM
  Subject: Re: Oil leak won't go away => Oil pump pressure valve?

  So in regards to the oil leak I have at the filter mounting bracket, The local import parts guy said that there was a pressure valve in the pump that could be stuck open, causing the gasket to prematuraly fial.  He said I would probably need to replace the oil pump to cure the leak.

  Is there really a pressure valve in the pump, or is there one somewhere else that could be causing this problem?

  TIA

  -Doug