Removal of the foam from under the hood?

If you know anyone in the printing business, get your hands on what is
called "Blanket "or "Roller Wash" This is used to wash the press
(offset press) up. It eats up grease, and glue  and is water soluble.
Great stuff, but quite nasty. Use gloves and  in a well ventilated
area. Does not affect the paint unless used repeatedly. If there is a
print shop nearby, you may be able to get a small quart bottle. Great
for engine cleaning, removes undercoating and road tar too. Makes for a
lousy drink though!

Bill
82 Scirocco
83 Rabbit GTi