Oil leak won't go away :(

>Doug,
>
>  I think the problem you are having is that that filter housing is slightly
>out of plumb with the block...  I recommend taking it off the block, and
>filing it until it is completely flat.  I recommend staying away, far away
>from silicone, esp. there, as there is a lot of oil pressure at that seal.
>Also, VW makes a metal gasket that is coated with some sort of black semi-
>gloss material (like the metal headgaskets).  I have put one on mine, and like
>it more than the original, 'cuz it ain't gonna let go 'til I tell it to...  :-)

Do You have a part # for the metal gasket?  I think that is what was on there before, and I replaced It with a paper one.  I'd like to try the metal one...

>Also, are you torquing it up to spec?

No, I don't have a torque wrench...

>Are you sure that it is not a leak at the filter itself?

Yeah, I'm positive this is where it is leaking from...also, I'm using Castrol 20W-50 and a Bosch filter, but I don't think that should make a difference

Thanks for the help!

-Doug C.