From: VWGTIKIM@aol.com [mailto:VWGTIKIM@aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 9:28 PM
To: peter@thescirocco.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Recaro Seats

No I haven't any Mk1 frames. Although I do have a set of Fox frames,
will the wings work from those?

I haven't seen a Fox sport seat, it might work, it just has to support
the lower bolsters.
I do know that the Fox seat bottoms are wider, like the B3 Passat and
A3's.
The Scirocco seat-back still fits the Fox lower frame, though.

I have a bunch of 16V lower seat frames, in case you want to add the
strip on the center rail, or use them for the lower bolster supports.

If you have an early seat, it's well worth using the Scirocco 2 seat
frames, because they use the new sliders. My '79 Limited Edition w/sport
seats required a different plastic slider on the outer slide rails. I
welded on a set of Rabbit slider tabs on the '79 seat frames. If you are
not in a hurry, I'll be replacing them when I redo my seats in the
spring.

Peter