idea re: sightings

Occasionally people post sightings like "hey this guy was driving a bone
stock white 16v on sullivan street and stared me down when i waved and I
was wondering if he's on the list?"

Some (all?) listers hate these, which is understandable cuz I have yet
to in 3 or 4 years on the list witness more than maybe one or two
occasions where this type of sighting has been productive (ie. they
actually ARE on the list, or someone knows their car).

Anyhoo, I was thinking that a way to make these more productive without
doing away with them completely would be to remind people to try to take a
picture of the car. That way, we at least get to ogle at a 'rocco while
reading your most-probably fruitless story. A lot (but not all, i know) of
people have digital cameras so all you have to do is remember to take it
with you and then snap a pic of the car at a stoplight.

Just a thought.

-Toby