From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Cory Langford
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 8:10 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: MK1 Rust Repair? Rusty Pass. Floor

Okay, I found a nasty surprise yesterday when I was cleaning up the new
'78 I got my hands on.

The pass side floor pan is VERY rusty.  It is very weak.  I figure if I
step on it too much I might put my foot through the floor.  It has an
actual hole close to the top under the dash board.

It is just the section of floor in front of the seat.  Under the seat
and behind it seem fine.

I would really like to fix it rather than scrap it.  anyone know if
there are still sections of the floor pan available?  I know a long time
ago that I order a pair for my old '77.  They like the half pans that
the beatle guys have.  They simply welded into the place where the
originals rusted out.  Nice fit and all.  But there are none to be found
around locally.

If I can't get replacements what is next?  A straight piece of stainless
or something welded in?

TIA

Cory