Disassembling the Speedometer

Those 6 pins are attached to the hard PCB.  The black connector, however, comes off them.  Remove it by gently pulling on it while giving it a little side to side twist.
I think that's what you're stuck on, but try here if you need more help: http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Index2.html
Click Tech Notes, then look down in the Interior repair section.